The day after the Cup, 2 p.m.: Recapping Mut & Merloni Bruins talk
|06.16.11 at 2:02 pm ET|
Nothing else mattered on Thursday. The Bruins were the talk of not only the town but also the Mut & Merloni show. The Stanley Cup’s return back to Boston for the first time since 1972 will do that. Here’s a few highlights of the show from 10-2:
–Mike Mutnansky opened the show by saying, “Yeah, this feels about right. June 16, beautiful day in Boston, they’re planning a parade and they’re bringing the Cup back to this city.” That was followed by talk between the two hosts about the win means for the team and the city as a whole.
–Sen. John Kerry told the guys despite his busy schedule, he caught every second of the game as well as the postgame coverage. He even called Brad Marchand‘s play “inspiring” and said he still laces on the skates and plays a game of puck himself every now and again.
–Andy Brickley said that the championship was “a long time coming” and even called Tim Thomas‘s time in net during the 2010-11 season “probably the best single-season goaltending performance by any goalie of all-time.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5