The day after the Cup, 6 p.m.: Recap of Bruins talk on The Big Show
|06.16.11 at 6:00 pm ET|
Glenn Ordway, Michael Holley and Mikey Adams were given plenty of material for Thursday’s Big Show when the Bruins won the Stanley Cup the night before. Here’s a brief recap of all the Bruins talk from 2-6 p.m:
–The guys played an awesome compilation of the four championship calls from the Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots from the last decade.
–NBC sideline reporter Pierre McGuire told the guys that he believed the Canucks had chemistry issues in Game 7, saying “”Coaches overreacting. I thought in the case of Alain Vingeault when the frustration set in, and the composure and the focus and basically every one of the Bruins players acting as coach. It was really an interesting dynamic to witness.”
–Kevin Paul Dupont of The Boston Globe called in from Minnesota when he was returning from Vancouver. He said he thought the hit on Nathan Horton in Game 3 signaled the turning point in the finals but perhaps not for the reasons you’d think. “I didn’t see it so much as, ‘Let’s do it for Horton.’ There’s always that element no matter what the injury, but I had a sense of a couple of things in the immediate minutes after it, which was Vancouver began to play small. They got afraid. Their skilled players were afraid because you know in those instances there has to be a payback.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara