Bruins add gritty winger Anthony Camara in third round
|06.25.11 at 12:56 pm ET|
The Bruins continued their run on OHL players Saturday, taking left wing Anthony Camara with the 20th pick of the third round (81st overall). Given that the 17-year-old played last season for Saginaw, the B’s have now chosen players from the OHL with their first three picks (they chose Niagara’s Dougie Hamilton ninth overall and Windsor’s Alex Khokhlachev with the 40th pick).
Camara hails from Toronto and stands at 6-foot-0 and 194 pounds. He was ranked the No. 78 North American skater by NHL Central Scouting. He scored eight goals and had nine assists for 17 points last season, his first in the OHL. Camara racked up 132 penalty minutes.
Scouting reports peg Camara as a gritty, hard-nosed winger, and he’s clearly a willing fighter. If he hopes to play in the physical style coveted by the B’s, he has a great role model at left wing in the organization in Milan Lucic.
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Keep It Going
- Fresh Links: Unworthy Edition
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Dat Pass
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.
- Public Skate: Bruins 2, Blackhawks 0, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks, SECOND PERIOD
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 3