Bruins go with goalie Lars Volden in sixth
|06.25.11 at 2:05 pm ET|
The Bruins wrapped up their draft by taking goaltender Lars Volden in the sixth round (181st overall). Volden hails from Oslo, Norway and played junior hockey in Finland this past season.
Playing for Blues Jr. in Finland, the 6-foot-3, 198-pound Volden had a 2.46 goals against average and .907 save percentage. This now makes two goalies taken in the sixth round in the last two years, as the B’s tabbed Zane Gothberg in last year’s draft. The Bruins do not have a seventh-round pick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara