Bruins look outside OHL, grab Brian Ferlin in fourth
|06.25.11 at 1:14 pm ET|
Turns out the Bruins did scout more than one league, as they went to the USHL pool to grab Jacksonville native Brian Ferlin with the last pick of the fourth round (121st overall). The right-winger stands at 6-foot-2 and 207 pounds. The Bruins’ first three picks, Dougie Hamilton, Alex Khokhlachev and Anthony Camara, all played in the OHL.
In 55 games last season, Ferlin totaled 25 goals and 48 assists for 73 points and 26 penalty minutes. The right wing played a year for Jacksonville of the MJBHL before playing the last two seasons for Indiana of the USHL.
At 19 years old, Ferlin is the oldest member of the Bruins’ draft class.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5