Bruins look outside OHL, grab Brian Ferlin in fourth
|06.25.11 at 1:14 pm ET|
Turns out the Bruins did scout more than one league, as they went to the USHL pool to grab Jacksonville native Brian Ferlin with the last pick of the fourth round (121st overall). The right-winger stands at 6-foot-2 and 207 pounds. The Bruins’ first three picks, Dougie Hamilton, Alex Khokhlachev and Anthony Camara, all played in the OHL.
In 55 games last season, Ferlin totaled 25 goals and 48 assists for 73 points and 26 penalty minutes. The right wing played a year for Jacksonville of the MJBHL before playing the last two seasons for Indiana of the USHL.
At 19 years old, Ferlin is the oldest member of the Bruins’ draft class.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara