Bruins lose John Weisbrod to to Flames
|06.27.11 at 10:24 pm ET|
John Weisbrod is officially the Bruins’ former director of pro and collegiate scouting, as he has left the B’s to move up the ladder with a new gig in Calgary. Weisbrod, who was a scout for the Stars before coming to Boston in 2006, is now the Flames’ assistant general manager/director of player personnel.
While Weisbrod did a fine job in his role with the Bruins, his best pick doesn’t even play hockey. Weisbrod was the Orlando Magic’s GM when the team had the first overall pick in 2004, and he chose Dwight Howard over Emeka Okafor.
Weisbrod will now work under Calgary GM Jay Feaster.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara