Amstel Light inquires, and here’s hoping this is the last we hear about the Bruins’ bar tab
|06.28.11 at 1:27 pm ET|
In the latest bit of nonsense to come from the Bruins’ $156,000+ bar tab from Foxwoods after winning the Stanley Cup, Amstel Light has written a letter to the Bruins (Shawn Thornton and Shane Hnidy’s names were listed) requesting they reveal which member of the B’s ordered the lone Amstel Light on the tab.
“We want to reward the Bruin who ordered the Amstel Light to recognize him for making a great decision,” the press release read.
Added the company: “If he reveals himself, Amstel Light will provide the beer for his 4th of July barbecue (or Canadian Independence Day party) and for his private celebration when he has his time with the Cup.”
The easy thing is to make jokes about Amstel Light and try to guess which player was drinking it. Here, though, all we can do is beg that this is the last we hear of the bar tab. How about dwelling on the Stanley Cup instead? By now, the joke is, well, skunked.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara