Bruins sign Benoit Pouliot
|07.01.11 at 4:24 pm ET|
According to RDS, the Bruins have signed free agent left wing Benoit Pouliot to a one-year, $1.1 million deal. The news came shortly afetr the Stars announced they had signed former B’s winger Michael Ryder.
Pouliot is one of the more notable recent high first-round picks to not find stardom in the NHL. Chosen fourth overall by the Wild in 2005, he never had a 10-goal-season with the team before being traded to Montreal in 2009. He spent the last two seasons with the Canadiens, but fell out of favor towards the end of his tenure. He was a healthy scratch in the last four games of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals vs. the Bruins.
In 183 NHL games, Pouliot has scored 35 goals and added 37 assists for 72 career points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara