Stars sign Michael Ryder
|07.01.11 at 3:53 pm ET|
The Dallas Stars announced they have signed free agent winger Michael Ryder. The Newfoundland native played the last three seasons with the Bruins, scoring 63 regular-season goals over the span and winning the Stanley Cup last month.
The deal is for two years and $7 million, meaning Ryder will have a salary cap it of $3.5 million each year. Ryder is coming off a three-year, $12 million pact with the Bruins signed on July 1 of 2008.
After breaking into the league with the Canadiens, Ryder left Montreal for Boston and scored 27 goals in his debut season with Boston. He followed with 18 goals in each of the next two seasons, but developed a reputation as a big-game player due to his increased production in the postseason. Ryder had eight goals and nine assists in the postseason last year for the Bruins.
Tomas Kaberle is now the only Bruin from the Stanley Cup finals lineup left on the open market.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara