Tomas Kaberle signs with Hurricanes
|07.05.11 at 4:51 pm ET|
“Tomas is one of the top puck-moving defensemen in the NHL and power-play specialist,” Carolina GM Jim Rutherford said on Tuesday. “He has had a good career and is now a Stanley Cup champion. We welcome him to Carolina and look forward to his contributions to the Hurricanes.”
The defenseman was acquired by the Bruins on February 18 from the Maple Leafs in exchange for center Joe Colborne, the Bruins’ 2011 first-round pick, and their 2012 second-rounder. Kaberle struggled during his time in Boston, though he did match Dennis Seidenberg for the team lead amongst defenseman in postseason points. The four-time All-Star is the second member of the Stanley Cup winners to leave via free agency in the past week, as Michael Ryder inked a two-year, $7 million contract with the Dallas Stars last Friday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara