Tomas Kaberle signs with Hurricanes
|07.05.11 at 4:51 pm ET|
“Tomas is one of the top puck-moving defensemen in the NHL and power-play specialist,” Carolina GM Jim Rutherford said on Tuesday. “He has had a good career and is now a Stanley Cup champion. We welcome him to Carolina and look forward to his contributions to the Hurricanes.”
The defenseman was acquired by the Bruins on February 18 from the Maple Leafs in exchange for center Joe Colborne, the Bruins’ 2011 first-round pick, and their 2012 second-rounder. Kaberle struggled during his time in Boston, though he did match Dennis Seidenberg for the team lead amongst defenseman in postseason points. The four-time All-Star is the second member of the Stanley Cup winners to leave via free agency in the past week, as Michael Ryder inked a two-year, $7 million contract with the Dallas Stars last Friday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5