Babies in Black take scrimmage
|07.10.11 at 1:12 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — With Bruins coach Claude Julien looking on from the stands, the organization’s youngsters followed their Sunday morning practice with a scrimmage. While a shootout and special teams work were mixed in, the black squad bested the white group by a 3-1 margin.
Forward Justin Florek factored into all three black goals, scoring two and assisting a Brian Ferlin strike. Third-round tough guy Anthony Camara scored the white squad’s only goal. The Bruins’ sixth-round goalies each allowed two goals, with 2010 sixth-round pick Zane Gothberg allowing a goal for each team and this year’s sixth-rounder Lars Volden allowing two goals.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara