- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -
Report: Bruins wouldn’t give Tomas Kaberle more than two years
Posted By DJ Bean On July 13, 2011 @ 2:48 pm In General | No Comments
According to NHL.com’s E.J. Hradek , the Bruins would not go past two years when negotiating with free agent defenseman Tomas Kaberle. The unwillingness to give him a longer deal makes given that Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli said that the term of the contract was the biggest stumbling block between the two parties the day Kaberle took a three-year, $12.75 million deal with the Hurricanes last week.
Writes Hradek: “One team source in Boston says the B’s would have done a one-year deal and possibly two years with Kaberle, depending on the price. They weren’t, according to the source, going to any further than two years.”
Another interesting note in the report is that the Hurricanes requested Kaberle keep up with the team’s conditioning program. Kaberle appeared to be out of shape in his time with the Bruins, and Hradek writes that the Hurricanes plan on giving the 34-year-old more than 20 minutes a night.
Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com
URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/07/13/report-bruins-wouldnt-give-tomas-kaberle-more-than-two-years/
URLs in this post:
 > Report: Bruins wouldn’t give Tomas Kaberle more than two years" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/07/13/report-bruins-wouldnt-give-tomas-kaberle-more-than-two-years/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
 NHL.com’s E.J. Hradek: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=569097
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.