Tomas Kaberle brings Stanley Cup to Czech Republic
|07.20.11 at 3:42 pm ET|
When David Krejci and his Bruins teammates arrived in the Czech Republic to begin what would end up being a championship season, the best he could offer was taking fellow players out for goulash. As the video below shows, what he and Tomas Kaberle have brought this time is a bit shinier, and contains far less calories.
(On that first video, what is that at 0:35? Did the Winnipeg Jets make a draft pick on this trip?)
The Cup is on its European swing now, with Kaberle up first. Krejci will have his day on Thursday, with captain Zdeno Chara getting two days with the trophy on Friday and Saturday. Tuukka Rask will have it Sunday and Monday before it heads back to North America.
As Bruins PR man Eric Tosi tweeted, the defenseman signed autographs and took pictures with fans for over five hours and didn’t stop until all who showed up were accomodated. That’s hardly surprising that Kaberle would do such a thing, as his kindness was not on the list of things in question during his time in Boston.
For the list of where the Cup has been and is set to go, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5