Tomas Kaberle brings Stanley Cup to Czech Republic
|07.20.11 at 3:42 pm ET|
When David Krejci and his Bruins teammates arrived in the Czech Republic to begin what would end up being a championship season, the best he could offer was taking fellow players out for goulash. As the video below shows, what he and Tomas Kaberle have brought this time is a bit shinier, and contains far less calories.
(On that first video, what is that at 0:35? Did the Winnipeg Jets make a draft pick on this trip?)
The Cup is on its European swing now, with Kaberle up first. Krejci will have his day on Thursday, with captain Zdeno Chara getting two days with the trophy on Friday and Saturday. Tuukka Rask will have it Sunday and Monday before it heads back to North America.
As Bruins PR man Eric Tosi tweeted, the defenseman signed autographs and took pictures with fans for over five hours and didn’t stop until all who showed up were accomodated. That’s hardly surprising that Kaberle would do such a thing, as his kindness was not on the list of things in question during his time in Boston.
For the list of where the Cup has been and is set to go, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time