Tomas Kaberle a true Role Model with Stanley Cup
|07.21.11 at 4:15 pm ET|
Stick-tap to our friend Matt Kalman of The Bruins Blog for catching this story about Tomas Kaberle‘s day with the Stanley Cup yesterday. We posted a couple of videos of Kaberle with the Cup in the Czech Republic yesterday, but nobody could have seen this coming. Check out this photo from isport.cz, which the Globe and Mail picked up:
Here’s NHL.com‘s explanation:
After a brief stop to take some pictures with the Cup, Kaberle just entered Kladno for a stop at Velky Tanecni Sal, which appears to be a Knights of Columbus-type establishment, where hundreds of people are waiting for an opportunity to see their Stanley Cup Champion and local hero.
Upon entering the hall, Kaberle was greeted by a band called The Hello Piggy Band. Kaberle was brought on stage and received a sword and shield. He also presented the Stanley Cup to the crowd and received a real hero’s welcome when he hoisted the trophy over his head.
One probably has tons of questions after seeing this, none of which should be bigger than the mystery of why Kaberle didn’t invide Joe Lo Truglio and Christopher Mintz-Plasse along.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5