Report: Bruins, Brad Marchand still in early stages of negotiations
|07.26.11 at 1:12 pm ET|
Bruins forward Brad Marchand said last week that hoped he and the B’s would have his new contract wrapped up over the course of the next week, and with no contract inked yet, it seems the wait may be longer. Marchand’s agent, Wade Arnott, told ESPN Boston Tuesday that negotiations with the B’s and the restricted free agent are not far along.
“We remain in the early stages of contract discussions with the Bruins,” Arnott told ESPN Boston’s James Murphy.
Marchand had 21 goals and 20 assists for 41 points in the regular season as a rookie. His 11 goals in the playoffs were second among all players, behind only teammate David Krejci.
“Not at all,” Marchand said last week when asked if he was surprised negotiations were taking so long. “There’s been a lot going on, obviously with the Cup and everything. That’s taking the leading role in everything, so I’m not surprised at all.
“We’re obviously very excited to get something [done],” Marchand added, “and hopefully it gets done soon.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5