Report: Savard still has headaches, expected to miss camp
|07.29.11 at 1:02 am ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has told the Boston Globe that center Marc Savard is still dealing with post-concussion symptoms, as the center continues to experience headaches stemming from his latest concussion. The report notes that “barring an immediate turnaround in his condition,” Savard will not be ready for training camp.
Savard, who missed the beginning of last season due to post-concussion syndrome, was once again shut down for the year after taking a routine hit from former teammate Matt Hunwick in the Bruins’ Jan. 22 contest vs. the Avalanche.
As a result of all the concussion issues, Savard played in just 25 games last season, 14 short of the 41 (or one in the finals) required for one to get their name on the Stanley Cup. The Bruins petitioned for both Savard and Steven Kampfer (38 regular-season games) to get their names on the trophy, but the report notes there is no news on the matter. Savard will have his day with the Cup on Monday.
- Public Skate: Game 4, Bruins 3, Blackhawks 4 - Third Period
- Stanley Cup Final: HNIC Game 4 Intro: Killing it, as usual.
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Complete Coverage
- Bruin text messages: a Cup of Chowder exclusive
- 3 Questions with... MightyMikeD of Cheer the Anthem
- Fresh Links: FOURtitude Edition
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Preview: Be the hammer,...