Bruins announce preseason schedule
|08.03.11 at 4:13 pm ET|
The Bruins announced their preseason schedule Wednesday, as well as some other notable dates.
The defending Stanley Cup champions are set to begin training camp on Sept. 16 with physical testing, and their first official practice will come the following day. Here is the schedule released by the team:
Monday, September 12 ‘ Boston Bruins Foundation Golf Tournament (The International)
Friday, September 16 ‘ Full camp opens with physicals and fitness testing
Saturday, September 17 ‘ First official on-ice practices
Wednesday, September 21 ‘ Boston Bruins at Ottawa Senators, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, September 23 ‘ Boston Bruins vs. New York Islanders, 7 p.m.
Sunday, September 25 ‘ Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens (Hailfax Metro Centre 7:00 p.m. local)
Monday, September 26 ‘ Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, September 29 ‘ Boston Bruins vs. Ottawa Senators
Saturday, October 1 ‘ Boston Bruins at New York Islanders (Webster Bank Arena, Bridgeport, CT, 7:00 p.m. ET)
Tuesday, October 4 ‘ Media Day
Thursday, October 6 (Regular Season Opener) ‘ Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers (TD Garden, Boston, MA, 7:00 p.m.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara