Bruins announce preseason schedule
|08.03.11 at 4:13 pm ET|
The Bruins announced their preseason schedule Wednesday, as well as some other notable dates.
The defending Stanley Cup champions are set to begin training camp on Sept. 16 with physical testing, and their first official practice will come the following day. Here is the schedule released by the team:
Monday, September 12 – Boston Bruins Foundation Golf Tournament (The International)
Friday, September 16 – Full camp opens with physicals and fitness testing
Saturday, September 17 – First official on-ice practices
Wednesday, September 21 – Boston Bruins at Ottawa Senators, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, September 23 – Boston Bruins vs. New York Islanders, 7 p.m.
Sunday, September 25 – Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens (Hailfax Metro Centre 7:00 p.m. local)
Monday, September 26 – Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, September 29 – Boston Bruins vs. Ottawa Senators
Saturday, October 1 – Boston Bruins at New York Islanders (Webster Bank Arena, Bridgeport, CT, 7:00 p.m. ET)
Tuesday, October 4 – Media Day
Thursday, October 6 (Regular Season Opener) – Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers (TD Garden, Boston, MA, 7:00 p.m.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5