Report: Brad Marchand negotiations could last into training camp
|08.25.11 at 3:17 pm ET|
‘Discussions with the Bruins remain open and ongoing regarding Brad, but nothing is imminent,’ agent Wade Arnott told Haggerty.
When asked whether a deal would be done before training camp opens on Sept. 16, Arnott replied, ‘[I’m] hopeful, but it’s no sure thing.’
Last season, Marchand had 21 goals and 20 assists for 41 points. He added 19 more points in the playoffs, including two goals in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara