Report: Brad Marchand negotiations could last into training camp
|08.25.11 at 3:17 pm ET|
‘Discussions with the Bruins remain open and ongoing regarding Brad, but nothing is imminent,’ agent Wade Arnott told Haggerty.
When asked whether a deal would be done before training camp opens on Sept. 16, Arnott replied, ‘[I'm] hopeful, but it’s no sure thing.’
Last season, Marchand had 21 goals and 20 assists for 41 points. He added 19 more points in the playoffs, including two goals in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5