Bruins sign Andrew Bodnarchuk
|09.09.11 at 10:20 am ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins announced Friday morning that they have given defenseman Andrew Bodnarchuk, who played the last three seasons in Providence with the club’s AHL affiliate, a one-year deal. He will be in camp when it opens next Friday.
Bodnarchuk is definitely a depth guy, but he’s a good guy to have in the fold. Now 23, he has five NHL games under his belt, all of which were played in the 2009-10 season. Last season in Providence, he had 15 goals and 16 assists in 75 games.
Bodnarchuk was drafted by the Bruins in the fifth round of the 2006 draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara