Bruins sign Andrew Bodnarchuk
|09.09.11 at 10:20 am ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins announced Friday morning that they have given defenseman Andrew Bodnarchuk, who played the last three seasons in Providence with the club’s AHL affiliate, a one-year deal. He will be in camp when it opens next Friday.
Bodnarchuk is definitely a depth guy, but he’s a good guy to have in the fold. Now 23, he has five NHL games under his belt, all of which were played in the 2009-10 season. Last season in Providence, he had 15 goals and 16 assists in 75 games.
Bodnarchuk was drafted by the Bruins in the fifth round of the 2006 draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5