|Brad Marchand gets two-year deal with Bruins||09.14.11 at 2:48 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Wednesday that they have signed restricted free agent Brad Marchand to a two-year contract.
Renaud P. Lavoie of RDS in Canada was the first to report the deal, noting it is for $5 million and a $2.5 million cap hit.
Last season, Marchand made $821,667. He had 21 goals and 20 assists in the regular season as a rookie, and his 11 goals in the playoffs put him behind only teammate David Krejci for tops amongst all skaters.
Had he not signed this week, it was possible Marchand may have missed part of training camp.
- Bruins vs. Rangers Game 5 Preview: Please close this out
- Relax, the sky isn't falling
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces