Brad Marchand gets two-year deal with Bruins
|09.14.11 at 2:48 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Wednesday that they have signed restricted free agent Brad Marchand to a two-year contract.
Renaud P. Lavoie of RDS in Canada was the first to report the deal, noting it is for $5 million and a $2.5 million cap hit.
Last season, Marchand made $821,667. He had 21 goals and 20 assists in the regular season as a rookie, and his 11 goals in the playoffs put him behind only teammate David Krejci for tops amongst all skaters.
Had he not signed this week, it was possible Marchand may have missed part of training camp.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara