Claude Julien: Stanley Cup hangover is real, and Bruins must avoid it
|09.16.11 at 1:13 pm ET|
If things this time last year were about responding to one of the worst collapses in professional sports history, the Bruins can consider themselves fortunate to have a different frame of mind as they prepare for next season.
The coach made that clear Friday following the opening of training camp, as Claude Julien noted that it’s important for his players to not lose focus because they are the defending champions.
“What we accomplished last year really doesn’t matter this year,” Julien said. “It’s going to be starting from scratch and building our team up to go through the highs and lows of a season and battle through it and work your way into a playoff spot and be ready to battle for it. There’s a lot of things that need to happen throughout the course of the season for us to have success again.
“The famous Stanley Cup hangover that everybody talks about, I don’t think we should be different from anybody else. What we’ve got to be better at is how we’re going to handle it.’¦ Obviously it is a real thing, and we need to be ready this year even more than last year.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara