Zdeno Chara leaves practice
|09.19.11 at 2:44 pm ET|
Bruins captain Zdeno Chara left Monday’s Group B practice at TD Garden with a bruise in his left leg.
Chara was hit by a puck in what appeared to be the inner left leg/knee on a clearing attempt from a teammate. Chara was slow to get up but finished the shift favoring his left leg. He got off the ice slowly and did not return. His status for Tuesday’s black and white scrimmage is up in the air as a result.
“He just got a shot on the inside of the leg there,” coach Claude Julien said after the practice. “Right now it’s a contusion, and we’re just going to evaluate it as we go along here. This is training camp, and if he needs an extra day, we’ll give him an extra day. If he’s OK tomorrow, he’ll go. We’ll see. It’s a day-by-day bruise, a shot inside the leg.”
- Fresh Links: Unworthy Edition
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Dat Pass
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.
- Public Skate: Bruins 2, Blackhawks 0, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks, SECOND PERIOD
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 3
- 3 Questions With... Greg Boysen of Second City Hockey