Zdeno Chara leaves practice
|09.19.11 at 2:44 pm ET|
Bruins captain Zdeno Chara left Monday’s Group B practice at TD Garden with a bruise in his left leg.
Chara was hit by a puck in what appeared to be the inner left leg/knee on a clearing attempt from a teammate. Chara was slow to get up but finished the shift favoring his left leg. He got off the ice slowly and did not return. His status for Tuesday’s black and white scrimmage is up in the air as a result.
“He just got a shot on the inside of the leg there,” coach Claude Julien said after the practice. “Right now it’s a contusion, and we’re just going to evaluate it as we go along here. This is training camp, and if he needs an extra day, we’ll give him an extra day. If he’s OK tomorrow, he’ll go. We’ll see. It’s a day-by-day bruise, a shot inside the leg.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara