Zdeno Chara leaves practice
|09.19.11 at 2:44 pm ET|
Bruins captain Zdeno Chara left Monday’s Group B practice at TD Garden with a bruise in his left leg.
Chara was hit by a puck in what appeared to be the inner left leg/knee on a clearing attempt from a teammate. Chara was slow to get up but finished the shift favoring his left leg. He got off the ice slowly and did not return. His status for Tuesday’s black and white scrimmage is up in the air as a result.
“He just got a shot on the inside of the leg there,” coach Claude Julien said after the practice. “Right now it’s a contusion, and we’re just going to evaluate it as we go along here. This is training camp, and if he needs an extra day, we’ll give him an extra day. If he’s OK tomorrow, he’ll go. We’ll see. It’s a day-by-day bruise, a shot inside the leg.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5