Alexander Khokhlachev scores two in black and white scrimmage
|09.20.11 at 10:02 pm ET|
PROVIDENCE — The black team took the Bruins’ annual black and white scrimmage, 4-1, Tuesday at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.
Second-round pick Alexander Khokhlachev had a pair of goals for the black team, with Lane MacDermid and Daniel Paille scoring the other two. Ryan Spooner scored for the white team.
Here are a few notes from the game.
- The penalties on the night came from Paille (holding), Dougie Hamilton (tripping), a bench minor to the white team (too many men on the ice) and Milan Lucic (boarding).
- Matt Bartkowski looked good with some nice rushes and an assist on MacDermid’s goal. He was the last player cut from camp last year, so it will be interesting to see if the Pennsylvania native can grab the seventh defenseman spot out of camp this year.
- Chris Clark, who’s in camp on a tryout, showed he can be useful in bringing some of the youngsters along. The 35-year-old manhandled second-year forward Tyler Seguin in the corner in the second period, with the 19-year-old Seguin shoving Clark back. Clark certainly got the best of Seguin in what was a frustrating few seconds for No. 19, but with Seguin needing to toughen up for his second season, any contact is a good thing.
- Hamilton is known for his size and smarts, but he also showed he’s not afraid to get in the way of pucks. The ninth overall pick fell to the ice after blocking a shot in the second, but got up and went to block another.
- Bartokowski’s top competition for a job in Steven Kampfer was the lone player to be “traded” during the game, as he switched from the black team to the white after the first period
- Dennis Seidenberg took a page out of the Michael Ryder/Zdeno Chara book by coming up with a save in the third period with Khudobin out of the net. Khudobin came back to stop the rebound on a hectic play.
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?