Bruins lose preseason opener
|09.21.11 at 10:45 pm ET|
The Bruins dropped their preseason opener Wednesday in Ottawa, as they were dropped by the Senators, 2-1, in overtime.
Swedish forward Mika Zibanejad scored the game-winner for the Senators, beating Tuukka Rask 3:17 into overtime. Rask played the entire game for the Bruins, stopping 34 of the 36 shots he faced. The other Ottawa goal came from Brian Lee.
Lane MacDermid scored the Bruins’ lone goal.
The Bruins’ next preseason game will be played Friday at TD Garden when the defending Stanley Cup champions host the Islanders.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara