Bruins plan to let Tim Thomas play entire game Friday
|09.23.11 at 2:21 pm ET|
After giving Tuukka Rask the entire game on Wednesday, Bruins coach Claude Julien said his plan for Friday is to let reigning Vezina winner Tim Thomas play the entire 60 minutes Friday against the Islanders.
“I think the goal is to do that, but I said the same thing to Tuukka, that we can talk between periods and if you feel good, you keep going,” Julien said. “I think it gives them an opportunity to get their game shape back, but at the same time, if they happen to feel a little bit of fatigue and stuff like that, you certainly don’t want to get those guys injured.”
Rask made 34 saves on 36 shots in Wednesday’s 2-1 overtime loss to the Senators.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara