|B’s set to play on Garden ice for first time since Game 6||09.23.11 at 12:09 pm ET|
It won’t be as hectic an environment on Oct. 6′s season-opener, but on Friday the Bruins will play in front of their home crowd for the first time since June 13. That was the day of Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals, a day B’s fans will forever remember, and a day Roberto Luongo would love to forget.
Over three months and one Cup later, there’s no doubt that those on hand will greet the defending champs with cheers of both support and gratitude. Even if the game doesn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things, the B’s hope their energy can match that of the fans.
“It’s always nice to be playing at home, in front of our fans,” captain Zdeno Chara said after Friday’s practice. “I’m sure they’re very excited, so we just need to have a good performance.”
Added defenseman Johnny Boychuk: “We’ve had a lot of support throughout the summer since we won, and I don’t expect it to die down at all.”
It will be interesting to see how one of the newcomers in Benoit Pouliot is received. The former Canadien in the lineup for Friday and will play in front of the Garden crowd for the first time as a Bruin.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET