Claude Julien expects Bruins to make more cuts after Islanders game
|09.23.11 at 2:05 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien indicated after Friday’s practices that a second round of cuts may come after Friday’s preseason game against the Islanders.
“I think we’re going to be minimizing our roster I guess starting probably after tonight’s game,” Julien said Friday. “There’s a possibility there. A lot of that depends on the game tonight and who shows well, and etc., etc. The number we anticipate may be changed, but I think there might be some changes made after tonight’s game and leading into that trip to Halifax we’ll minimize our group a little bit.”
The Bruins made six cuts on Wednesday, sending Tyler Randell, Yannick Riendeau, Stefan Chaput, Calle Ridderwall and Kyle MacKinnon to Providence and Anthony Camara back to Saginaw of the OHL.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara