David Krejci doesn’t know who Justin DiBenedetto is
|09.23.11 at 10:17 pm ET|
Bruins first-line center David Krejci received a fighting major late in Friday night’s preseason game, and no, Benoit Pouliot was not involved.
After Krejci hit an Islanders player along the boards, he was jumped by Islanders youngster Justin DiBenedetto, and after a brief tussle in which Krejci never dropped his gloves, both players were handed five-minute majors.
“I had my helmet on, my gloves on. I just got jumped from behind, and that was it,” Krejci said, noting that his hit was clean. “He fell on me, and I didn’t have a chance to do anything. I don’t even want to fight. It’s a preseason game. Come on, it’s the first game back. I want to get my timing. I don’t even know what the — who the guy is, to tell you the truth.
“I don’t know who that kid is,” he added. “I understand he’s battling for a spot on the roster. I understand that, but I don’t want to comment on that. I don’t know that kid. I don’t think I’ve ever played against him before, so we’ll see what happens.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara