David Krejci doesn’t know who Justin DiBenedetto is
|09.23.11 at 10:17 pm ET|
Bruins first-line center David Krejci received a fighting major late in Friday night’s preseason game, and no, Benoit Pouliot was not involved.
After Krejci hit an Islanders player along the boards, he was jumped by Islanders youngster Justin DiBenedetto, and after a brief tussle in which Krejci never dropped his gloves, both players were handed five-minute majors.
“I had my helmet on, my gloves on. I just got jumped from behind, and that was it,” Krejci said, noting that his hit was clean. “He fell on me, and I didn’t have a chance to do anything. I don’t even want to fight. It’s a preseason game. Come on, it’s the first game back. I want to get my timing. I don’t even know what the — who the guy is, to tell you the truth.
“I don’t know who that kid is,” he added. “I understand he’s battling for a spot on the roster. I understand that, but I don’t want to comment on that. I don’t know that kid. I don’t think I’ve ever played against him before, so we’ll see what happens.”
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...