Joe Corvo confident he’ll get into games soon
|09.23.11 at 2:31 pm ET|
Joe Corvo hasn’t seemed overly worried about the tight groin that caused him to leave Tuesday’s black and white scrimmage and sit out Wednesday’s practice. After the entire team was given the day off Thursday, the veteran defenseman skated Friday and said he is confident that his preseason debut isn’t far away.
“Yeah, for sure,” Corvo said of whether he feels he could get into one of the Bruins’ upcoming games. “I skated today, just to see how it feels. It feels fine. There’s nothing there anymore, so yeah, it’s good. I should be ready. It’s up to the coaches.”
Corvo said Wednesday that the tight groin is an injury he had last year in training camp, and that it was just a sign of fatigue that goes away with a combination of rest and icing.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...