Zdeno Chara ready to leg it out vs. Islanders
|09.23.11 at 11:58 am ET|
Bruins captain Zdeno Chara will be among the B’s making their preseason debuts Friday night at TD Garden when the defending Stanley Cup champions hope the Islanders. After an injury scare earlier in the week, he’s happy he won’t have to watch it from the press box.
Chara was hit in the inside of the left leg in Monday’s practice and left the skate with a contusion. He was among those to skip Tuesday’s black and white scrimmage and was left off Wednesday night’s roster for the preseason opener, though he returned to practice that same day.
“I’m very glad that it wasn’t [serious]. Obviously, it’s something that you’ll worry about when it does happen, but I was pleased in a good way that it wasn’t as bad as it looked,” Chara said Friday. “It took all the necessary steps to make sure it was nothing major. It isn’t, so we’ll have to still treat it. Nothing really major.”
Chara said that as he continues to play and practice, he’ll monitor the leg and treat where necessary.
“You have to do different things,” he said. “Obviously, icing is one of them. Doing a little bit of other things that make the swelling go down and away. Obviously, the pain is just a factor that I can handle. As far as the swelling and being able to have the full range of motion, that’s the key.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara