|Zdeno Chara ready to leg it out vs. Islanders||09.23.11 at 11:58 am ET|
Bruins captain Zdeno Chara will be among the B’s making their preseason debuts Friday night at TD Garden when the defending Stanley Cup champions hope the Islanders. After an injury scare earlier in the week, he’s happy he won’t have to watch it from the press box.
Chara was hit in the inside of the left leg in Monday’s practice and left the skate with a contusion. He was among those to skip Tuesday’s black and white scrimmage and was left off Wednesday night’s roster for the preseason opener, though he returned to practice that same day.
“I’m very glad that it wasn’t [serious]. Obviously, it’s something that you’ll worry about when it does happen, but I was pleased in a good way that it wasn’t as bad as it looked,” Chara said Friday. “It took all the necessary steps to make sure it was nothing major. It isn’t, so we’ll have to still treat it. Nothing really major.”
Chara said that as he continues to play and practice, he’ll monitor the leg and treat where necessary.
“You have to do different things,” he said. “Obviously, icing is one of them. Doing a little bit of other things that make the swelling go down and away. Obviously, the pain is just a factor that I can handle. As far as the swelling and being able to have the full range of motion, that’s the key.”
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period