Steven Kampfer injures left knee, MRI scheduled for Friday
|09.29.11 at 10:26 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Steven Kampfer put forth a strong bid to start the season in Boston with his performance Thursday, but it was an injury suffered late in the Bruins’ 2-1 loss to the Senators that may have taken him out of the equation.
Kampfer suffered a left knee injury on a hit from Senators defenseman Jared Cowen. B’s coach Claude Julien said after the game that Kampfer would have an MRI on Friday, and that he had liked what he saw out of the defenseman prior to the injury. Kampfer entered the game competing with Matt Bartkowski for the seventh defense spot.
“They’re both pretty good,” Julien said. “Actually, I thought Kampfer was having a real good night and skating and moving the puck.”
Kampfer injured his right knee and was on crutches late last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara