Mark Recchi, Michael Ryder return to get rings
|10.04.11 at 9:59 pm ET|
The Stanley Cup champion Bruins got their rings Tuesday night at the Boston Harbor hotel, and all the players with the exception of Tomas Kaberle and Marc Savard were able to make it to the event. Owner Jeremy Jacobs gave the team a speech, after which the rings, which were delivered earlier in the day, were given to the players.
“They’re all special in their own way, the Carolina one’s beautiful, Pittsburgh was ’91, it was a long time ago,” Recchi said. “They were beautiful rings, but what they did with this, the Jacobs family, hats off to them. They did an incredible job, and the way they treated the staff and all the people in the building, what they’ve done is an amazing thing.”
Said Milan Lucic: “It’s the last bit before it all starts again. You really want to take it all in as much as you can. It was great that everyone was able to get here together again. It was great that Recchi was able to come in and [Shane] Hnidy and Michael Ryder. It’s awesome. It definitely gives you a good feeling going into next year.”
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?