Mark Recchi says Andrew Ference, Chris Kelly are great options to get the ‘A’
|10.04.11 at 10:12 pm ET|
Amidst showing off his latest Stanley Cup ring, retired Bruins alternate captain Mark Recchi weighed in on who might end up getting his vacated letter. Here’s what he had to say:
“I would imagine it would be — obviously Andrew [Ference] would be a wonderful ‘A.’ I think Chris Kelly would be a wonderful ‘A.’ You could go [Rich] Peverley. They’ve got a lot [of candidates]. They’ve got a lot of great leadership in the room. They’re going to be all set.”
Ference seems to be the logical choice, but it’s interesting that Recchi, who is definitely an expert on team chemistry and leadership, included the other two in the conversation. Both Kelly and Peverley were acquired during the season last year, but the Bruins are no strangers to giving out the ‘A’ to a player after less than a year in the system. The last guy they did that with? Mark Recchi.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5