Mark Recchi says Andrew Ference, Chris Kelly are great options to get the ‘A’
|10.04.11 at 10:12 pm ET|
“I would imagine it would be — obviously Andrew [Ference] would be a wonderful ‘A.’ I think Chris Kelly would be a wonderful ‘A.’ You could go [Rich] Peverley. They’ve got a lot [of candidates]. They’ve got a lot of great leadership in the room. They’re going to be all set.”
Ference seems to be the logical choice, but it’s interesting that Recchi, who is definitely an expert on team chemistry and leadership, included the other two in the conversation. Both Kelly and Peverley were acquired during the season last year, but the Bruins are no strangers to giving out the ‘A’ to a player after less than a year in the system. The last guy they did that with? Mark Recchi.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara