Tyler Seguin unsure of living arrangement
|10.04.11 at 2:11 pm ET|
It isn’t Chad Ochocinco declaring he’ll live with a fan, but Tyler Seguin said at Tuesday’s media day that he’s not sure where or with whom he’ll live this season. After spending his rookie year on his own, it appears the Bruins have different plans for the now 19-year-old.
That could mean a billet family for Seguin, or it could mean he might move in with another player. One thought that would have seemed to make sense a season ago was Mark Recchi, but the veteran winger said he didn’t have a spacious enough place, as he did with Jordan Staal in 2006.
“There wasn’t anything suitability for me with someone or with a family, but this year, speaking with management, it’s going to be a little different, but nothing is confirmed,” Seguin said.
The second-year player has been living with another one of the younger Bruins, and said that the Bruins have been talking to him since before he arrived back in Boston about a new living arrangement. If it is indeed a billet family, Seguin will be in a familiar situation. He lived with a billet family when playing OHL puck in Plymouth, Mich.
“I lived that life when I was 15, 16, 17 I think,” he said. “Just the two years there. Billet is always good. It’s nice to have someone to talk to, and dinners to have with a family. It makes you feel like you have a family there even though your family is in another country. I’m open to anything.”
Check back later for more on Seguin.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara