Bruins get their banner night
|10.06.11 at 9:48 pm ET|
With a sellout crowd roaring, the Bruins capped a 25-minute pregame ceremony on opening night by raising the sixth Stanley Cup championship banner in franchise history.
Current players who played on the 2011 Stanley Cup title team last June along with members of the last Bruins team to win the Cup in 1972 brought the banner from center ice – where it hung during the ceremony alongside the Stanley Cup – to its final resting place alongside the 1972 banner high above TD Garden ice.
The Bruins held the ceremony prior to the season opener against the new-look Flyers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara