Steven Kampfer could begin skating this week
|10.10.11 at 12:56 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Steven Kampfer has been off the ice since he awkwardly fell following a Sept. 29 hit from Senators defenseman Jared Cowen and sprained his MCL. The team said at the time that he would be out for two to four weeks with the injury, and on Monday Claude Julien said he could begin skating this week.
Julien said there’s a possibility Kampfer could travel with the team to Carolina and Chicago, but that “it will all depend on our medical staff.” Once Kampfer returns, it will be interesting to see if he will become the team’s seventh defenseman or be sent to Providence.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara