Steven Kampfer could begin skating this week
|10.10.11 at 12:56 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Steven Kampfer has been off the ice since he awkwardly fell following a Sept. 29 hit from Senators defenseman Jared Cowen and sprained his MCL. The team said at the time that he would be out for two to four weeks with the injury, and on Monday Claude Julien said he could begin skating this week.
Julien said there’s a possibility Kampfer could travel with the team to Carolina and Chicago, but that “it will all depend on our medical staff.” Once Kampfer returns, it will be interesting to see if he will become the team’s seventh defenseman or be sent to Providence.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season