Peverley gets Rich with three-year extension
|10.11.11 at 10:44 am ET|
The Bruins took care of their biggest player set to become a unrestricted free agent Tuesday morning, inking second-line winger Rich Peverley to a three-year contract extension.
Peverley was acquired on Feb. 18 last season when the Bruins sent Mark Stuart and Blake Wheeler to Atlanta for the speedy forward and defenseman Boris Valabik.
Peverley leads the Bruins with two goals this season, both of which were scored in Saturday’s win over the Lightning. His signing leaves Chris Kelly, Gregory Campbell, Shawn Thornton, Daniel Paille, Joe Corvo and Johnny Boychuk as the remaining players set to become unrestricted free agents at season’s end.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5