David Krejci day-to-day with core injury, Tyler Seguin to center first line
|10.12.11 at 2:13 pm ET|
When the Bruins face the Hurricanes Wednesday, they will be doing so with Tyler Seguin on the first line.
Coach Claude Julien said Wednesday in Carolina that David Krejci did not suffer a knee injury, but rather a core injury in Tuesday’s practice. Krejci will not play Wednesday but is considered day-to-day.
“He’s day to day and it’s an injury in the core area. We can certainly eliminate the knee injury that’s been speculated,” Julien said. “‘¦ We’ll see how he does and whether he joins us in Chicago or not.”
With Krejci out, Seguin will become the team’s first-line center and play in the middle of Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton. Seguin is tied for the team lead with three points through three games. He has played on the third line with Chris Kelly and Benoit Pouliot/Jordan Caron. With Seguin jumping up to the top line, both Pouliot and Caron will play.
“We knew that down the road we needed him to step up in that area,” Julien said. “‘¦ Moving Tyler there is certainly one of our options there and the one we’re probably going to start with.”
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara