David Krejci day-to-day with core injury, Tyler Seguin to center first line
|10.12.11 at 2:13 pm ET|
When the Bruins face the Hurricanes Wednesday, they will be doing so with Tyler Seguin on the first line.
Coach Claude Julien said Wednesday in Carolina that David Krejci did not suffer a knee injury, but rather a core injury in Tuesday’s practice. Krejci will not play Wednesday but is considered day-to-day.
“He’s day to day and it’s an injury in the core area. We can certainly eliminate the knee injury that’s been speculated,” Julien said. “'¦ We’ll see how he does and whether he joins us in Chicago or not.”
With Krejci out, Seguin will become the team’s first-line center and play in the middle of Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton. Seguin is tied for the team lead with three points through three games. He has played on the third line with Chris Kelly and Benoit Pouliot/Jordan Caron. With Seguin jumping up to the top line, both Pouliot and Caron will play.
“We knew that down the road we needed him to step up in that area,” Julien said. “'¦ Moving Tyler there is certainly one of our options there and the one we’re probably going to start with.”
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1