Adam McQuaid a game-time decision for Bruins vs. Hurricanes
|10.18.11 at 11:47 am ET|
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid, who left last Wednesday’s contest against the Hurricanes with a neck injury after crashing into the boards and sat out Saturday’s game against the Blackhawks, is considered a game-time decision for Tuesday night against the Hurricanes, Claude Julien said Tuesday. McQuaid returned to practice Monday and participated in Tuesday’s morning skate.
In three games this season (he missed opening night due to an illness), McQuaid has two points. Should McQuaid be unable to Tuesday, Matt Bartkowski will play his third game of the season.
In other injury news, David Krejci and Steven Kampfer were also on the ice in Tuesday’s morning skate. Krejci injured his core in last Tuesday’s practice, and though Julien said that the first-line center is “inching closer to returning,” Krejci will not play Tuesday. Kampfer, who is recovering from a left knee sprain suffered on Sept. 29, is still awaiting clearance for contact drills.
- Fresh Links: Up the River Edition
- Grand Theft Czechoslovakia. Bruins win 3-2
- Loui Eriksson concussed; Chris Kelly, Shawn Thornton will not travel on...
- Video: Don Cherry talks about the Thornton and Orpik incident
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1, Penguins 2
- Orpik hit on Eriksson and the Thornton hit on Orpik: Both are terrible