Adam McQuaid a game-time decision for Bruins vs. Hurricanes
|10.18.11 at 11:47 am ET|
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid, who left last Wednesday’s contest against the Hurricanes with a neck injury after crashing into the boards and sat out Saturday’s game against the Blackhawks, is considered a game-time decision for Tuesday night against the Hurricanes, Claude Julien said Tuesday. McQuaid returned to practice Monday and participated in Tuesday’s morning skate.
In three games this season (he missed opening night due to an illness), McQuaid has two points. Should McQuaid be unable to Tuesday, Matt Bartkowski will play his third game of the season.
In other injury news, David Krejci and Steven Kampfer were also on the ice in Tuesday’s morning skate. Krejci injured his core in last Tuesday’s practice, and though Julien said that the first-line center is “inching closer to returning,” Krejci will not play Tuesday. Kampfer, who is recovering from a left knee sprain suffered on Sept. 29, is still awaiting clearance for contact drills.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5