Bruins send Matt Bartkowski down, meaning they’ve received good news
|10.20.11 at 10:27 am ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday morning that they have sent defenseman Matt Bartkowski to Providence, indicating that either Steven Kampfer or Adam McQuaid is healthy and ready to return to the lineup against the Maple Leafs.
Bartkowski had a rough go of it in a season in which he likely wouldn’t have made the team if not for Kampfer’s left knee injury. In three games, Bartkowski was a minus-2. He averaged 6:08 of ice time.
Kampfer, who dealt with a right knee injury late last season and into the playoffs, sprained his left knee in a Sept. 29 preseason game against the Senators, but recently returned to practice and on Wednesday took contact for the first time. McQuaid, who injured his neck last Wednesday, was considered a game-time decision for Tuesday’s game against Carolina, but has not been seen on the ice since that day’s morning skate, seemingly due to a setback.
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition
- Thursday Morning Skate: Edmonton Bound
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night