|Bruins send Matt Bartkowski down, meaning they’ve received good news||10.20.11 at 10:27 am ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday morning that they have sent defenseman Matt Bartkowski to Providence, indicating that either Steven Kampfer or Adam McQuaid is healthy and ready to return to the lineup against the Maple Leafs.
Bartkowski had a rough go of it in a season in which he likely wouldn’t have made the team if not for Kampfer’s left knee injury. In three games, Bartkowski was a minus-2. He averaged 6:08 of ice time.
Kampfer, who dealt with a right knee injury late last season and into the playoffs, sprained his left knee in a Sept. 29 preseason game against the Senators, but recently returned to practice and on Wednesday took contact for the first time. McQuaid, who injured his neck last Wednesday, was considered a game-time decision for Tuesday’s game against Carolina, but has not been seen on the ice since that day’s morning skate, seemingly due to a setback.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET