|Claude Julien optimistic Adam McQuaid will play against Canadiens||10.24.11 at 12:56 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — One bit of good news for the Bruins as their schedule sees a break in game action until Thursday is that it gives injured defenseman Adam McQuaid more time to recover from his neck injury.
McQuaid has been considered day-to-day for some time since his injury, which was suffered when he crashed into the boards Oct. 12 in Carolina. He was considered a game-time decision last Tuesday against the Hurricanes, but after taking part in the team’s morning skate was not on the ice for warmups that night. He went on to miss Thursday’s game against the Maple Leafs, and after returning to practice on Friday did not play Saturday against the Sharks.
“He’s feeling good, so it’s just a question of time here. I guess I’m optimistic, and that’s what I’m allowed to be as far as him being ready for Thursday,” coach Claude Julien said. “I’ve kind of made some comments in the past, and it’s kind of come back to bite me, but he’s been fine now for a few days, so I’m very confident that things are going to keep going in that direction.”
McQuaid, who missed the last four Bruins’ contests and five total games (he was sick for the season-opener), has two assists and a plus-2 rating in three games this season.
- GIF RECAP: Bruins 2, Rangers 1: Doppelganger Hockey!
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, 7:30 PM ET
- 3 Questions With... Blueshirt Banter's Kevin Power
- Fresh Links: The Wrong Garden Edition
- Game 3 Preview: Bruins vs. Rangers. MSG. No Seidenberg after all. Let's...
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Gameday
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...