- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -
Practice notes: Mark Recchi stops by, Adam McQuaid ‘symptom-free’
Posted By DJ Bean On October 26, 2011 @ 1:48 pm In General | No Comments
WILMINGTON — Adam McQuaid was declared “symptom-free” by head coach Claude Julien  after the defenseman once again. He will be a game-time decision when the Bruins play the first game of a home-and-home against the struggling Canadiens on Thursday.
McQuaid has played in only three games this season, missing the season-opener with an illness and being held out of the last four games with a neck injury that the team had been treating as a concussion.
Some other notes from practice:
- Retired forward Mark Recchi  was in the house at Ristuccia Arena, sitting up top with management as he watched his former team prepare for the Habs. No word on how he feels about Max Pacioretty ‘s wrist injury.
- Julien said his move to switch Rich Peverley  and Nathan Horton  was done in an effort to create a little more depth and a little more production. Peverley got off to a good start this season when skating with Brad Marchand  and Patrice Bergeron , so getting that line going would be big for the B’s. Marchand has been held without a point in the last four games, and said after practice that if he can get going, as an energy player he can create a ripple effect on the rest of the team.
Krejci said he hasn’t liked the start he’s gotten off to, so the move to have Horton with he and Benoit Pouliot isn’t all about just getting Horton going.
- Speaking of Marchand, he and the other players to visit Children’s Hospital Tuesday weighed in on the experience and their costumes. The best line came from Marchand, who said there was a child who honestly thought Zdeno Chara  was dressed as an alien in his bunny costume. Marchand was Prince Charming, and asked why he wasn’t Aladdin for the sake of skipping out on a shirt, said that Adam McQuaid‘s Fred Flinstone costume was too similar.
- Some of our friends in the Montreal media are in town already, with one asking Chara about potentially playing against Pacioretty if he is indeed healthy enough to go in one of the upcoming games. Chara responded by saying, “I’m just happy to play the game.”
- The Bruins worked on the shootout late in practice, with Horton providing perhaps the prettiest of goals when he beat Tim Thomas  glove-side.
- Tyler Seguin  broke a pane of glass with a wrist-shot in practice. That’s a heck of a shot when it’s on net.
Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com
URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/10/26/practice-notes-mark-recchi-stops-by-adam-mcquaid-symptom-free/
URLs in this post:
 Claude Julien: http://media.weei.com/hockey/claude-julien.htm
 Mark Recchi: http://media.weei.com/hockey/mark-recchi.htm
 Max Pacioretty: http://media.weei.com/hockey/max-pacioretty.htm
 Rich Peverley: http://media.weei.com/hockey/rich-peverley.htm
 Nathan Horton: http://media.weei.com/hockey/nathan-horton.htm
 Brad Marchand: http://media.weei.com/hockey/brad-marchand.htm
 Patrice Bergeron: http://media.weei.com/hockey/patrice-bergeron.htm
 Zdeno Chara: http://media.weei.com/hockey/zdeno-chara.htm
 Tim Thomas: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tim-thomas.htm
 Tyler Seguin: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tyler-seguin.htm
 > Practice notes: Mark Recchi stops by, Adam McQuaid ‘symptom-free’" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/10/26/practice-notes-mark-recchi-stops-by-adam-mcquaid-symptom-free/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.