Gameday notes: Adam McQuaid likely in, who’s in net?
|10.27.11 at 12:00 pm ET|
The Bruins and Canadiens are set to face off for the first time this season Thursday at TD Garden. The 2-5-2 Habs are coming off a win against the Flyers Wednesday, while the 3-5-0 B’s haven’t played since Saturday’s loss to the Sharks.
Adam McQuaid (neck) has been medically cleared to play, with Claude Julien saying the “possibility of him playing is probably very good.” Julien said all seven defenseman will take the ice for warmups. If McQuaid is in, Steven Kampfer is out.
Here are a few other notes:
- The team left the morning skate in a single-file line, with Tuukka Rask the first goalie in line. That makes it tougher to tell whether he’ll be in net Thursady, but the guess here is that it’s only logical. Rask hasn’t started in nine days, and it might be better to let Thomas play in Montreal given Rask’s struggles there on March 8 of last season.
Peter Budaj was on the ice with the Canadiens’ scratches Thursday morning, so assume workhorse Carey Price will be in net vs. the B’s.
- Everyone was on the ice for the Bruins, and the forward lines remain the same as in Wednesday’s practice.
Brad Marchand – Patrice Bergeron – Rich Peverley
Milan Lucic – Chris Kelly – Tyler Seguin
Benoit Pouliot – David Krejci – Nathan Horton
Daniel Paille – Gregory Campbell – Shawn Thornton
- This will be the fourth time this season that the B’s are hosting a team who played the previous night. The Bruins are 2-1-0 in those games, as they beat the Lightning and Leafs and fell to the Sharks.
- Benoit Pouliot will be facing his former Montreal mates for the first time. In his lone career game against a former team, March 20 of last season against the Wild, Pouliot racked up three points, all assists.
- This will be the first time Max Pacioretty share the ice since Chara ended the Habs winger’s season last March 8. Julien said the team’s main feeling on the situation is one of happiness that Pacioretty is healthy.
- VIDEO: Extended Stanley Cup Final Game 3 Highlights, with Goucher and...
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Keep It Going
- Fresh Links: Unworthy Edition
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Dat Pass
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.
- Public Skate: Bruins 2, Blackhawks 0, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks, SECOND PERIOD