- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -
Gameday notes: Adam McQuaid likely in, who’s in net?
Posted By DJ Bean On October 27, 2011 @ 12:00 pm In General | No Comments
The Bruins and Canadiens are set to face off for the first time this season Thursday at TD Garden. The 2-5-2 Habs are coming off a win against the Flyers Wednesday, while the 3-5-0 B’s haven’t played since Saturday’s loss to the Sharks.
Adam McQuaid (neck) has been medically cleared to play, with Claude Julien  saying the “possibility of him playing is probably very good.” Julien said all seven defenseman will take the ice for warmups. If McQuaid is in, Steven Kampfer is out.
Here are a few other notes:
– The team left the morning skate in a single-file line, with Tuukka Rask  the first goalie in line. That makes it tougher to tell whether he’ll be in net Thursady, but the guess here is that it’s only logical. Rask hasn’t started in nine days, and it might be better to let Thomas play in Montreal given Rask’s struggles there on March 8 of last season.
Peter Budaj was on the ice with the Canadiens’ scratches Thursday morning, so assume workhorse Carey Price  will be in net vs. the B’s.
– Everyone was on the ice for the Bruins, and the forward lines remain the same as in Wednesday’s practice.
– This will be the fourth time this season that the B’s are hosting a team who played the previous night. The Bruins are 2-1-0 in those games, as they beat the Lightning and Leafs and fell to the Sharks.
– Benoit Pouliot will be facing his former Montreal mates for the first time. In his lone career game against a former team, March 20 of last season against the Wild, Pouliot racked up three points, all assists.
– This will be the first time Max Pacioretty  share the ice since Chara ended the Habs winger’s season last March 8. Julien said the team’s main feeling on the situation is one of happiness that Pacioretty is healthy.
Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com
URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/10/27/gameday-notes-adam-mcquaid-likely-in-tuukka-rask-technically-first-off/
URLs in this post:
 Claude Julien: http://media.weei.com/hockey/claude-julien.htm
 Tuukka Rask: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tuukka-rask.htm
 Carey Price: http://media.weei.com/hockey/carey-price.htm
 Brad Marchand: http://media.weei.com/hockey/brad-marchand.htm
 Patrice Bergeron: http://media.weei.com/hockey/patrice-bergeron.htm
 Rich Peverley: http://media.weei.com/hockey/rich-peverley.htm
 Milan Lucic: http://media.weei.com/hockey/milan-lucic.htm
 Chris Kelly: http://media.weei.com/hockey/chris-kelly.htm
 Tyler Seguin: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tyler-seguin.htm
 David Krejci: http://media.weei.com/hockey/david-krejci.htm
 Nathan Horton: http://media.weei.com/hockey/nathan-horton.htm
 Daniel Paille: http://media.weei.com/hockey/daniel-paille.htm
 Gregory Campbell: http://media.weei.com/hockey/gregory-campbell.htm
 Shawn Thornton: http://media.weei.com/hockey/shawn-thornton.htm
 Max Pacioretty: http://media.weei.com/hockey/max-pacioretty.htm
 > Gameday notes: Adam McQuaid likely in, who’s in net?" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/10/27/gameday-notes-adam-mcquaid-likely-in-tuukka-rask-technically-first-off/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.