Claude Julien shakes up Bruins’ lines once again, Benoit Pouliot sick
|10.28.11 at 1:23 pm ET|
With the team still not responding to the shakeups they’ve endured, Bruins coach Claude Julien once again shuffled the forward lines in Friday’s practice at TD Garden. From those on hand, the latest lines are as follows:
Benoit Pouliot did not practice, with Julien saying after practice that the 25-year-old forward is sick. Julien said he doesn’t know whether Pouliot will make the trip to Montreal for Saturday night’s game.
What stands out most with the “new” lines is the reunion of Lucic, Krejci and Horton, who played on the first line together for most of last season. The line was broken up when Krejci went down with a core injury early this season, and performance has prevented them from being reunited until now. Krejci has just one point, a goal, in six games this season.
“What would you expect me to do?” Julien told reporters after the practice when asked about changing the lines again. “It’s a coach trying to find solutions. It’s as simple as that.”
Added Julien: “if it doesn’t [work], I’m telling you right now, you’re going to see changes again.”
The defending champions are in last place in the Eastern Conference with six points through nine games (3-6-0).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara