Report: Chris Clark to Providence
|11.02.11 at 11:35 am ET|
The slumping Bruins have made a move, though it isn’t a huge one. According to Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe, veteran forward Chris Clark has signed a professional tryout agreement and will report to Providence. The veteran forward was in Boston on a tryout during the preseason and lasted until the very last day but was released from his tryout.
The signing of the 35-year-old could eventually provide the B’s with a good leader and hard-nosed player should he make it to Boston this season. Clark was a former captain of the Capitals and wore an ‘A’ for one of the Bruins’ preseason games. He broke his nose in a fight during his last preseason game with the B’s.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5