Report: Chris Clark to Providence
|11.02.11 at 11:35 am ET|
The slumping Bruins have made a move, though it isn’t a huge one. According to Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe, veteran forward Chris Clark has signed a professional tryout agreement and will report to Providence. The veteran forward was in Boston on a tryout during the preseason and lasted until the very last day but was released from his tryout.
The signing of the 35-year-old could eventually provide the B’s with a good leader and hard-nosed player should he make it to Boston this season. Clark was a former captain of the Capitals and wore an ‘A’ for one of the Bruins’ preseason games. He broke his nose in a fight during his last preseason game with the B’s.
- Bruins vs. Leafs Complete Coverage
- Public Skate: Bruins vs Maple Leafs, 7PM EST
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Preview: The kids are all right
- Fresh Links: Up the River Edition
- Grand Theft Czechoslovakia. Bruins win 3-2
- Loui Eriksson concussed; Chris Kelly, Shawn Thornton will not travel on...
- Video: Don Cherry talks about the Thornton and Orpik incident