Daniel Paille has broken nose, will have surgery
|11.08.11 at 6:32 pm ET|
Daniel Paille was seemingly the only Bruin to not have a good night Monday, but it appears he will be okay after getting hit in the face with a slapshot during Monday’s 6-2 win over the Islanders. B’s general manager Peter Chiarelli issued the following statement Tuesday regarding Paille:
“Daniel Paille has been diagnosed with a broken nose and facial lacerations after the injury he sustained in our game Monday night. He will undergo surgery on Wednesday, November 9 at Mass General Hospital in Boston to repair the injury. Dr. Thomas Dodson will conduct the procedure. Following the surgery, he is expected to be listed as day-to-day.”
Paille was attempting to block a shot from Islanders defenseman Steve Staios in the third period, but was hit in the face by the puck. He remained down on the ice before leaving under his own power. He did not return to the game.
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?