Bruins recall Zach Hamill
|11.09.11 at 5:58 pm ET|
The Bruins have recalled Zach Hamill from Providence on an emergency basis. He’ll be there for Thursday’s morning skate and could play against the Oilers Thursday night.
This move serves as insurance in case Rich Peverley is unable to play. Peverley missed Monday’s game, but returned to practice Wednesday and is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. With Daniel Paille likely out due surgery on his broken nose, Benoit Pouliot already figures to be in the lineup.
Hamill, the eighth overall pick in 2007, has five goals and 10 assists in 14 games for Providence this season. He played three games for the B’s last season and had one assist. In his career, he has played four games for the big club and has two points (both assists) in the NHL.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5