Bruins recall Zach Hamill
|11.09.11 at 5:58 pm ET|
The Bruins have recalled Zach Hamill from Providence on an emergency basis. He’ll be there for Thursday’s morning skate and could play against the Oilers Thursday night.
This move serves as insurance in case Rich Peverley is unable to play. Peverley missed Monday’s game, but returned to practice Wednesday and is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. With Daniel Paille likely out due surgery on his broken nose, Benoit Pouliot already figures to be in the lineup.
Hamill, the eighth overall pick in 2007, has five goals and 10 assists in 14 games for Providence this season. He played three games for the B’s last season and had one assist. In his career, he has played four games for the big club and has two points (both assists) in the NHL.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara