Rich Peverley returns to Bruins practice, Daniel Paille doubtful vs. Oilers
|11.09.11 at 12:18 pm ET|
Rich Peverley was back at Bruins practice Wednesday at TD Garden, taking the ice after missing Monday’s game against the Islanders with an undisclosed injury. Peverley wore a gray sweater and practiced on his usual line with Chris Kelly and Jordan Caron.
“I feel good,” Peverley said after the practice. “Day-to-day, but it feels good.”
Peverley had missed the team’s three previous practices dating back to last week, though he did play Saturday against the Maple Leafs. Peverley said he felt “OK,” against the Leafs and that it was “better to hold off.” He said that he feels he has a better chance of getting into Thursday’s game, though he remains day-to-day.
“I can’t really give you an update, but just by watching him, he looked OK,” Claude Julien said after practice. “We’ll find out more and see whether he’s an available player for tomorrow.”
With Daniel Paille having surgery for his broken nose Wednesday, Benoit Pouliot skated in his place on the fourth line with Gregory Campbell and Shawn Thornton. According to Claude Julien, Thornton told Pouliot “he got a promotion.”
Paille is considered doubtful for Thursday’s game against the Oilers, so expect Pouliot to skate on the Merlot line. Julien said Paille will be considered day-to-day after Thursday. Here’s a look at the lines:
Milan Lucic – David Krejci – Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand – Patrice Bergeron – Tyler Seguin
Jordan Caron – Chris Kelly – Rich Peverley
Benoit Pouliot – Gregory Campbell – Shawn Thornton
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season