|It appears B’s are sticking with Tuukka Rask against Oilers||11.10.11 at 11:43 am ET|
To the surprise of no one, Bruins forward Daniel Paille is officially out for Thursday night’s game against the Oilers. Paille had surgery Wednesday after getting hit in the face with a slapshot from Steve Staios in Monday’s game against the Islanders. Benoit Pouliot will play on the fourth line with Gregory Campbell and Shawn Thornton in Paille’s place.
Rich Peverley, meanwhile, is a game-time decision. Peverley participated in the morning skate at TD Garden, but so did emergency call-up Zach Hamill. If Peverley, who missed Monday’s game with an undisclosed injury, is unable to play Thursday, Hamill will skate on the on the third line in his place.
Tuukka Rask was the first goaltender off the ice at the morning skate, an indication that the B’s might be giving the young netminder his second consecutive start. Rask picked up his first win of the season Monday. That would also mean two straight games on the bench for Tim Thomas, who picked up a shutout in his last start Saturday against the Maple Leafs.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET